What Can Stop Women From Succeeding?
Women in business is more the norm nowadays. When I was a lot younger this wasn’t the case at all. Growing up in the late fifties and sixties, “a woman’s place was in the home”.
Even though the opportunities are much more available for women now, there still remains a great deal that can stop women from succeeding. That can be either in their career or their business/home business.
Life in general encompasses more that just business though. Our lives include relationships, health, personal growth, our life purpose and our finances.
Personal Growth –
Development, education, adventure,new experiences, joy, personal happiness and fulfillment.
Connection with ourselves, spouse, children, family, friends, colleagues and spirit.
Physical health, exercise and nutrition: emotional and mind health, including self care.
Professional development, personal satisfaction, creative expression, earning a good income
Financial health including making money, saving, investing, spending on material things, recreation and travel
Life Purpose –
What you are meant to be doing, your higher purpose in life
This list is not exclusive to a woman, however, for the purpose of this article it will address them.
The Saboteurs That Women Face.
The following can be saboteurs to anyones success. I learned this on a recent coaching course I completed by Louise Anne Maurice. who used some things she learned from Napolean Hill’s Think and Grow Rich
- 1. Your upbringing – everyone perceives things on the basis of the values they learned in childhood
2. Your beliefs, belief deep-rooted in your mind, affect the way you perceive things
3. Traits, A particular characteristic that distinguishes you or that is genetically determined may influence the way you perceive things
4. Your attitude is your unique way of feeling or your opinions about life
5. Your peers, family, friends, colleagues or whoever you maintain a constant contact with can influence the way you perceive things
6. Society is an important factor that has a great deal of influence
7. Every experience that you have in life whether small or big, each and every experience in your life influences the way you perceive things
8. All the factors mentioned above, more or less, contribute to your definition of success
Quite often the saboteurs we face are silent and we don’t know they are happening. When I went through my coaching I found it to be revealing and a massive way to become more self aware. Being more aware of the obstacles in our thinking can free any woman to go forward and be what she wants to be.
When I was growing up a woman was judged by how soon she got married, how clean she kept her house, being a good Mother. It was unusual for a woman to choose a career or business over domesticity. I remember not even being able to order a new cooker without my then husbands permission.
Today however, things are different and there have been huge strides made in business and life for there to be more equality.
Watch my video below for more information about how the above headings can affect the mindset of a woman in a business growth setting or life.
I hope you got some value from todays post, What Can Stop Women Succeeding? Feel free to leave a comment below if you did.
If you want to take the free personal assessment you can do that by CLICKING HERE
If you are open to uncovering your saboteurs and being coached, check out my WORK WITH ME page.
Entrepreneur, Coach and Author
Helping Home Business Owners Climb The Ladder To Their Dreams
Email me at Lynda@lyndakennyonline.com