To work from home in these times is a new experience for probably thousands of people right now.
I have worked from home for many years and even more years ago, began a successful business from my kitchen table.
It takes some getting used to, especially if you haven’t done it before. So, I thought I would share 5 simple tips that might help you. I will also slot in some advice from my coaching program that I share with clients.
Working From Home
- Many people who are working from home think it’s ok to stay in their pyjamas all day. It won’t help your state of mind though. Dressing for the day will help you to be motivated and prepare you psychologically. You don’t have to be dressed up to the nines but being smart and feeling good will help your state of mind.
- Decide how many hours you’re going to work and where in the house your space is going to be. Have a routine that you stick to. For example, you might decide to work from 10 am to 2 pm. Whatever you decide, let your family members know that you need to get on and not be disturbed. It might be that working at night is best for you. As long as everyone in the house knows.
- If you want to be more productive, make sure you have a break every hour. Stand up, stretch your legs, have a walk around, get some fresh air. It’s been proved if you take regular two-minute breaks it improves your productivity.
- Make sure you are in regular contact with your work colleagues, boss etc. Use the phone, zoom, skype, or whatever works for you. It can help you feel less isolated from everyone at work.
- Keeping your social distance, get out for a walk outside. Exercise and fresh air can work wonders for your mindset and a feeling of well-being.
Creating a routine will increase your productivity and help you feel well, in mind and body.
The above tips are way simple but can help you to achieve a lot.
I hope you enjoyed Simple Ways To Work From Home And Be Productive. When you’re working in isolation it can feel very different than being in a busy working environment.
I regularly provide a complimentary 60-minute strategy session.
If you would like to qualify for that there is a simple way. Just fill in my questionnaire by CLICKING HERE and we will take it from there.
In the meantime, stay safe and well.
Certified High-Performance Coach
Empowering Entrepreneurs to take their business to the next level while having a life.