The Internet can change almost overnight with the constant influx of new techniques, processes and opinions of what’s going to make money, working at home.. Businesses can evolve into brand new environments with a need for trainers or mentors quickly.
Retiring Baby Boomers can provide much-needed expertise to people, both online and offline, from their years of employment in businesses and industries of all types. Mentoring has become a great business for new retirees realizing they need to make some income in order to have a comfortable retirement.
When businesses hire younger employees, they know that those younger, less expensive young people do not have the experience that you have. After you retire, or when that retirement date is moving close, you could offer your services as a mentor to those younger employees. Not only will your experience improve the quality of the younger employees’ knowledge, your mentoring will help ease your transition into retirement.
Retiring Baby Boomers Are a Golden Asset
Think about your career, regardless of what your specific job was. During your working life, you’ve been a consultant, manager, planner, teacher and an administrator. You’ve used the current technology for your business or job and adapted to rapid changes that made improvements to your employer’s business plans.
You are a golden asset to businesses all around you, including the one you just retired from, as a mentor to their employees. Your skill set is valuable and can be a new career for you. As a retiree, you do not have to work an 8-hour day unless you want to. You can set your own hours and who you work for.
Another outlet for your knowledge and experience is on the Internet. There are several ways you can create a home business and make your mentoring skills available to marketers and entrepreneurs worldwide.
- You can write ebooks or short, specific reports with explanations and guidelines for any technical skills you possess and sell them on your own website.
- Another online path to an income is to have your own blog and offer advice and guidance to your subscribers in your chosen niche. There is a big interest in common marketing topics when newcomers to online businesses need to generate traffic to their sales pages.
- The same principles that support offline marketing techniques are the same techniques needed by online marketers. New Internet marketers wouldn’t know that, but you, as a seasoned, retired professional would know it.
- The major difference between offline and online marketing procedures is mostly the media techniques used to carry the marketers message to the customers.
- You can offer products for sale, like step-by-step e courses on how-to information. Check out other blogs focused on topics similar to yours for example.
- You can also create your own mentoring services composed of other retiring Baby Boomers. You and your group of professional mentors can provide services to businesses, using email, phone calls or Skype, webinars or physical, offline training sessions from time to time.
With a little creative thinking, you can create a home business from your home. I have done that myself by having a home business in the travel sphere of network marketing. My previous experience in business and social care gave me skills in communications, management, team building, budget planning etc… skills I am utilising now in my home business.
Your impact could be quite dramatic and lucrative once you get established.
You’ve spent decades learning what you know. Market what you know, using your vast experience and live the life you always wanted to live.
I hope you enjoyed todays post Retiring Baby Boomers – Market What You Know. Let me know by leaving a comment below. Maybe you have skills you want to share with others.
Have a great day.
The Reawakened Entrepreneur
Helping You to Retire Wealthy, Travel the World, Stay Young, with
Your Own Home Based Business
Email me Lyndakonline@gmail.com
Phone or Text. 00447515940004