Overwhelmed in some of the groups I am in on Facebook was a word that wasn’t allowed. In one way, I can see why especially if the group didn’t want a lot of negativity.
However, there’s no getting away from it. There are times when any of us can feel overwhelmed during our day or week.
I’m going to ask you not to beat yourself up about it and look for ways to avoid it from now on.
When most people are overwhelmed, they don’t get anything done.
They stay stuck and give in to all those negative feelings that they just can’t carry on.
What To Do To Avoid Feeling Overwhelmed
- Firstly, start the day by planning what you’re going to do first thing. Spend the first hour on organising your time rather than responding to emails and social media. These things can wait. This first hour is for you to make plans while enjoying your breakfast.
- Block out periods of time during the day for your tasks and give yourself breaks in between each on.
- When going from one task to another, spend some time relaxing, stretching, meditating or whatever works for you.
- The key is to make a smooth transition to the next job. Psyche yourself up for the next task.
- Have at least 30 minutes of time blocked out for a catch up. This is if you’re behind on anything, its the time to do that here.
- Start paying attention to your mindfulness.
- Be in command of your own thoughts and more conscious about learning to be calmer. There are many techniques you can use to be calmer.
- The key is to come from a good and positive place by looking after you, your thoughts and learning to master your mind.
This will stand you in good stead for anything. Too often we are running around like headless chickens without really thinking about what we’re doing.
If you are overwhelmed because you can’t do something, decide to either get some help or figure it out. If I am struggling with technical issues and I can’t figure it out, I get help.
None of us are perfect at anything and you’re not a failure to admit you need some help.
If you want to see the points I have made above in a video, CLICK HERE , to see Brendon Burchard outlining everything I have covered. His points inspired this post.
Did you get some value from todays post, How to Avoid Feeling Overwhelmed? If you did let me know in the comments below and share it with those you believe need it.
Helping Women Climb The Ladder To Their Dreams
Email me at Lynda@lyndakennyonline.com