Live Video Broadcasts on Facebook or Periscope are like having your own TV Station. Doing them are the fastest way to create the like, know and trust factor with your audience. Key things that will eventually have people wanting to work with you.
For the purpose of this blog post the concentration will be on Facebook Lives, which are proving to be extremely popular. If you use Facebook as one of your strategies then live video broadcasts are a must.
Where You Can Go Live On Facebook
- Your Personal Profile – stick with personal. The rules of Facebook are generally not to do business on your personal profile.
- Business/Fan Page – the place for business
- Facebook Groups – you have to be a member but be careful you are following any group rules and be respectful of the owner of the group
- Facebook Events
The Things To Do BEFORE Your Live Video Broadcasts Begin
Tell people in advance you are going to do one.
Make sure your battery is fully charged on your phone
Put your phone in air plane mode so you don’t get any calls while doing your live video broadcasts
Connect to wifi if possible
Use your camera on your phone to make sure the lighting is good enough and what your surroundings look like
Try and use a tripod or selfie stick to keep your phone steady during your broadcast
Write an enticing headline to encourage some viewers to watch.
Make sure your settings are to public, unless you are doing a practice run. In that instance you can set it to only me.
You can learn a whole lot more by visiting the official Facebook page for live video broadcasts by CLICKING HERE
Some Core Things To Remember:
- Introduce yourself – establish your credibility. E.G. Hi my name is Lynda Kenny of lyndakonline.com. I empower home business entrepreneurs to make success become a reality. I blog, teach and train other marketers to succeed.
- Ask your viewers to subscribe to your channel so they don’t miss future broadcasts.
- Tell your viewers what you are going to talk about i.e. whats in it for them to continue watching
- Bring the value – educate, entertain. Tell a story, make them laugh. Let your personality shine
- Be social and interact with your viewers. Notice they are there and mention them by name.
- If someone asks a question, say John asked……….. then give your answer
- Always, always end with a call to action. If you have already mentioned it during your broadcast, then say it again at the end. In other words, tell your viewers what to do next.
Your live video broadcasts can last up to 90 minutes. However, I recommend you do them for 15-30 minutes unless you are doing a webinar using live on one of your event pages.
Facebook is giving a lot more reach to live videos so the longer you are on the more people you will reach. 90 minutes though in one single broadcast, unless its an event, is a bit too long.
The other important thing to remember is your goal with each broadcast. All the live video broadcasts you do should have some kind of business structure. This could be sending them to your free offer, your website or other place. Remember to decide this before you plan your strategy.
What to Do With Your Live Broadcast Video Once You Have Finished. (Bonus)
Save your video to your camera roll on your phone
You can upload a higher quality – Facebook allows you to do this
Make sure it has uploaded and it is on your page.
Check who commented and watched and engage with the people who did
Share your video around to various groups if its appropriate
Re-purpose your video. i.e. embed it on your blog, upload it to you tube, have it transcribed into a blog post.
Always have a plan in mind. Decide what day of the week you are going to do your broadcasts. What time and how often will you do them? Your viewers will get used to you doing them if you are consistent.
Did you get value from todays post, What To Do BEFORE Your Live Video Broadcasts? Please feel free to leave me a comment below if you did.
The Reawakened Entrepreneur
Empowering Home Business Entrepreneurs To Make Success Become a Reality
Email at Lynda@lyndakennyonline.com
Phone or text me on 00447515940004
P.S. Discover the #1 fastest way to get ‘Likes’ on your fan page, create content for your blog, and engage your fans in 15 minutes per day ALL with FaceBook LIVE! (this strategy won’t cost you a dime) DOWNLOAD NOW
Acknowledgments to MLSP and Kim Garst for my knowledge for this post.