Vacations, holidays, breaks…. whatever we call them have huge personal benefits for us and our loved ones. Everyone, no matter who they are, enjoys time away from everyday life.
There are many articles around that demonstrate the positive impact taking vacations can have on our physical and mental health.
When we are in business, our mental and physical health matters as much as anything else we do. If we can’t function properly then everything else will fail around us.
Lets look at what taking vacations can do for our health.
- Happiness is one of the personal benefits of taking a vacation/holiday. Switching off from everyday life, free from the stresses and strains is good for us. I used to work such long hours some years ago, it used to take me a few days to begin to enjoy my vacations. At first it was hard to switch off. Ever had that feeling? Once I did get work out of my brain I began to relax and enjoy myself.
- Health or improved health, is an important personal benefit. I mentioned stress above and experiencing stress cannot be underestimated. Our physical health can be affected by stress. Going on holiday/vacation helps us to relax and research tells us that people feel healthier with less physical complaints when away.
- Family relationships can improve when on vacation. It has even been known to mend broken marriages and bring people closer together. Being around your loved ones and focusing your time on each other has so many benefits to family life. Yes, sometimes we fall out, but generally a well earned holiday together can improve relationships.
- Business and productivity can be a huge benefit. You return rejuvenated and energised to work your business and after having a break, be full of new ideas for the future.
- Mental strength and power can return to you after taking a break. We all have those moments when our brain can’t take anymore. Imagine what a holiday/vacation could do to restore your strength both physically and mentally. You will have a new perspective on everything.
I am fortunate to own a second home in Portugal as well as being able to enjoy travel in general. In fact, I love travel so much I chose a travel based business to operate, in addition to the other things I do.
My children and grandchildren travel to Portugal a great deal and we love our family time together. When they are here I switch off from business for a while and enjoy their company. I prepare before they arrive for anything I want to do and give my all when they leave. As a family, we all really appreciate having fun and enjoying ourselves.
When my husband and I want some time out, we go on trips with our travel club. Having time alone to enjoy each others company without the distractions of the home and business is so good for our relationship. Its almost like re-discovering each other and I advise any couple to do this as often as they can.
We are not super human beings and everyone, no matter who it is, needs time out from everyday stuff and business. It does us good in so many ways and without them we become bogged down, get over stressed and lose precious time with people we love.
If you are running a business or have a job its even more important to take time out from everything and enjoy a vacation with your loved ones.
In network marketing, travel features highly in events and prizes for achieving rank improvements etc. Travel is rated highly and when you think about it, what do most people want to spend money on for a treat if they have some spare- yes, a vacation!
I operate a travel business for the very reasons I have mentioned in this post. I use the service all the time for flights, hotels and trips. The company events are usually in fabulous venues as well.
Imagine being able to combine a business all about pleasure with what you do all the time. If you want details or wish to talk with me about my travel business to see if its a fit for you email me anytime at Lynda@lyndakennyonline.com.
A Fun Video Of My Family Enjoying Portugal
I hope todays post has demonstrated how taking vacations/holidays away from work and business is good for your all round health, both mentally and physically. Look after yourself. YOU ARE WORTH IT.
If you enjoyed this post you might also like another post I did 9 Awesome Benefits Of Traveling For You And Your Family
If you enjoyed todays post, Personal Benefits Of Taking Holidays/Vacations, please feel free to leave me a comment below. Its always appreciated.
Home Business Entrepreneur And Coach
Empowering Home Business Entrepreneurs To Make Success Become A Reality
Email me at Lynda@lyndakennyonline.com
Phone or Text me on 00447515940004